This article is all about how to setup HP Envy 4520 Printer if you don’t have the user manual. The HP Envy 4520 printer supports printing, copying, scanning, and faxing operations.
In other to get the printer fully setup, you have to install the printer software, and connect it to a Wi-Fi network to enable wireless printing. Without much ado lets get down to business and see how to set up HP Envy 4520 printer and use it.
HP Envy 4520 Key Features
- Print, Scan, Copy
- Print Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Max Print Size: 8.5 x 14″
- Print Speed: 9.5 ppm Black/6.8 ppm Color
- Duplex and Borderless Printing
- Scan Resolution: 1200 x 2400 dpi
- Max Scan Size: 8.5 x 11.7″
- Instant Ink Program Ready
- 100-Sheet Input Tray
- USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi Connectivity
HP Envy 4520 Fax Setup
Setting up Fax to your printer is pretty easy and the process does not take long neither does it require any special skill. To get started in no time follow the guide below to
- Make sure your HP Envy 4520 printer supports fax feature.
- Get a cable that has two wire leads.
- Plug the 1-LINE jack at the back of the HP Envy 4520 printer.
- Attach the phone cord into the phone wall jack.
- Connect the 2-EXT jack to the printer’s rear if an answering machine is present.
- Initialize the settings on the printer’s panel.
- Type your name, number in the fax header.
- Choose Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report, once the HP Envy 4520 setup is finished.
I guess that was a lot easier than you thought right?. If you want other printers that supports fax then we recommend looking at the HP Officejet 3830 or 5255, Officejet Pro 8025, 8035, 9015, or 9025, or Envy Photo 7855 printers.
How To Use HP Envy 4520 To Print
In other to use Envy 4520 printer to print, there are some basic things that needs to be done first even before going through manual. For example the printer first have to be unboxed before anything can be done. Here are the basic steps to follow in other to be able to print copies
- Plug the printers power cable to power source.
- Switch on the printer by pressing on the power button (start).
- On your Pc/phone, Open the file file you want to printer.
- Make adjustment to the document file to meet you exact test.
- After doing the text formatting to your most desirable test close the file and open again to be sure.
- Now, if your are on a computer, right click on the document and select print.
- If you are using a phone Click option and select printer.
- To access layout and quality features, click Document Properties or Printing Preferences dialog.
- The Document Properties or Printing Preferences dialog will alter the paper settings and orientation that are required for the print job to the most preferred.
- Now, save the settings for future use and proceed to complete the printing job.
If you have completed the above steps then, you should have printed your first copies, and that is how simple it is to set up and use HP Envy 4520 Printer.
How To Photocopy With HP Envy 4520
If you already have a copy of a document and you want another exact duplicate of it, go no further. HP Envy 4520 Printer is a very good gadget for printing as it is one of it feature that make it stand out from others.
- Click Start on your Windows OS and then search for HP.
- Select the printer’s name to open the HP Printer Assistant.
- Click Scan and then select the Scan a Document or Photo option to open the HP Scan window.
- Select Save as PDF.
If you have completed the above steps then, you should have done your first Photocopy, and that is how simple it is to set up and use HP Envy 4520 Printer.
How To Use HP Envy 4520 To Fax
Like I have mentioned before, you can either Print, Photocopy or Fax with the printer. With that said, faxing is an important thing you can use the printer for whether at home or in the office.
To stated with faxing, follow the step by steps process as stated below. Follow these simple steps to do so:
- Open the document you want to fax.
- Hit Ctrl + P on your keyboard or select Print under the File drop down menu.
- Select Fax as the print driver.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number in the provided fields.
- Press Send.
If you have completed the above steps then, you should have connected to fact and print, and that is how simple it is to set up and use HP Envy 4520 Printer. This article is a complete guide on How To Use HP Envy 4520 Printer to print copies, Fax and Photo copy documents.