To connect HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi, can be done either by using network of a router or an access point or directly to the computer which has an active data connection. Any of this this methods are pretty simple and straight forward and you will learn them in this article about connect to wifi.
Steps to connect HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi
HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi is a very good printer equipped with a lot of functions and features that make our lives easy. Follow the quick steps below to get started…
- The first steps is to power on the HP Deskjet 2542 printer.
- Get and install the appropriate printers driver if not installed already.
- Connect the computer to the wireless network you want pair with.
- Click the Wireless button on your printer’s control panel and open the Wireless Settings menu.
- Now, select “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” followed by the Push Button option.
- Locate the WPS button on the router and press it when you receive a prompt from the printer.
- Open the Wireless Settings menu on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Wi-Fi Protected Setup and choose the PIN option.
- Note down the PIN displayed on your printer’s control panel and type it on the wireless router.
That is all i short, if you have completed this steps then you must have successfully connected your HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi and is ready to print copies wirelessly. This method is just a basic and short cut method for persons who already have the know but are missing some steps but if you printer is completely new the steps you need are below.
Read Also:- How to connect hp deskjet 3752 to wifi
Process to Set up New HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi
This is a more detailed process from beginning till end if you have just bought a new printer and you are finding it hard to connect it to wifi or wireless network. The process is quite simple and straight forward as well, in fact you do not need any special tools as all you have to do is follow settings on your HP Deskjet 2542 user manual.
- First thigs first, you have to unbox the printer and remove the leather covering.
- Keep the printer on a flat surface where it is safe.
- Plugin power cable to the printer then to a power source.
- Press the power button the switch on the printer.
- Wait for about 30 seconds for it to finish warming up.
- Install the most recent printer software that matches the printer on your computer.
- Allow the HP auto wireless to attempt connecting to your computer.
- A window will come up on your computer asking whether to send wireless settings to the printer or not.
- Click “YES” to send wireless setting to the printer.
Now you have completed the steps to Connect HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi using the HP wireless auto connection. This process is applicable setting up your HP Deskjet 2542 printer.
HP Wireless Setup Using Wizard
However, there are other ways to archive HP Deskjet 2542 wireless setup for new printers also which includes using the HP Wireless Setup Wizard. This method is precise and easy as well.
- Power on the Printer and allow it to finish warming up
- Open the wireless network settings menu.
- Select wireless setup wizard on the printer’s control panel.
- Take not of your Wifi network name and WEP or WPA passphrase.
- Now, open the control panel and choose wireless as means of connection.
- Select your network’s name from the available networks on the screen.
- Enter the WEP/WAP key if prompted.
- The printer now detects the network and connects to it.
Tada!!! Congratulations you have just completed wireless setup for your HP Deskjet 2542 if you follow the procedure and listed above. I guess it was easy, yes it should be.
If you happen to still have question about how to connect HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi please ask using the comment section and we will be glad to answer you to our best of knowledge. If you Find this article to be useful please don’t forget to share it using the share button below.