TV IR profile code, also known as IR profile or infrared profile code for TV, is a unique code that is used to identify the infrared remote control profile of a TV. The IR profile code is used by the TV to recognize and respond to commands from the remote control it also allows you to use a universal remote control or other devices to control your TV.
In some TVs, the IR profile code is usually found in the manual that came with the TV, or it can be accessed through the TV’s settings menu. Some TVs may also have the IR profile code printed on the back or side of the TV while on other TVs you might have to go into settings to find it.
How to Find IR Profile For TV
To find IR profile for TV through TV settings, go to Settings and then navigate to Equipment Control and click on the Manage Equipment option. Scroll to TV and tap on the Infrared Options, select Change IR Profile, and click on the “Find IR Profile” option to find your IR profile for TV.
But different TV brands and models put the IR codes in different places look into 4 ways to find your TV’s IR profile code otherwise known as remote code. Follow any of the options below
Option 1: Check the manual
The first thing you should do is check the manual that came with your TV. The manual should contain information about the IR profile and how to access it. If you no longer have the manual, you can try looking for it online by searching for the make and model of your TV.
Option 2: Check the settings menu
If you are unable to find the IR profile in the manual, the next step is to check the settings menu of your TV. To access the settings menu, press the “Menu” button on your TV remote control. Once you are in the menu, navigate to the “Settings” or “System” section. Here, you should be able to find the IR profile settings.
Option 4: Use an IR profile detection tool
If you are unable to find the IR profile through any of the above methods, you can try using an IR profile detection tool. These tools are designed to detect the IR profile of your TV and provide you with the necessary information. There are several IR profile detection tools available online, and you can use any of them to find the IR profile for your TV.
Option 3: Contact the manufacturer
If you are still unable to find the IR profile, you can try contacting the manufacturer of your TV. They should be able to provide you with the necessary information on how to access the IR profile for your TV. You can usually find contact information for the manufacturer on their website or in the manual.
Why Find Your TV IR Profile Code?
The IR profile code is used by universal remote control devices and other devices that are designed to control TVs using infrared signals. There are a few reasons why you might want to find the IR profile code for your TV:
- If you have a universal remote control device and you want to program it to control your TV, you will need to know the IR profile code for your TV.
- If you are developing a device or software application that is designed to control TVs using infrared signals, you will need to know the IR profile code for the specific model of TV that you are targeting.
- Suppose you are experiencing issues with your TV not responding to your universal remote control device or other infrared-controlled devices. In that case, you may need to troubleshoot the problem by verifying that you are using the correct IR profile code.
Remember, The IR (infrared) profile code for a TV is a series of numbers and letters that identify the specific model of a TV and the infrared commands that it is capable of receiving.
How to Program Universal Remote with TV IR Code
To program a universal remote to control a TV using infrared (IR) signals, you will need to follow these steps:
- Turn on the TV and the universal remote.
- Find the “TV” button on the universal remote and press it.
- Press and hold the “Setup” button until the “TV” button blinks twice.
- Use the remote’s keypad to enter the code for your TV brand. You can find a list of codes for various TV brands in the manual for your universal remote or online.
- Press the “Power” button on the universal remote to test if it is able to turn the TV on and off.
- If the universal remote is able to turn the TV on and off, press the “Setup” button again to save the code. If the universal remote is not able to control the TV, repeat the process and try a different code for your TV brand.
- Once you have successfully programmed the universal remote to control the TV, you can use it to turn the TV on and off, adjust the volume, and change the channel.
Note: Some universal remotes may require you to follow a slightly different process to program them. Refer to the manual for your specific universal remote for more information if this procedure those not work for your TV make or model.
How to Find TV Code For Xbox App
To find a code on Xbox app, you first have to type in the name of the device you wish to control after choosing a device and then select a code set. After you must have chosen a code set, then you test run to confirm it is the correct code set for the device you have chosen.
If the above doesn’t work for you then you try another approach. To find your TV code for the Xbox app you will need to open the app. All new members are to choose to Set up a console while existing members are to choose the Console icon in the upper right corner of the home screen.
After all that, then you select Set up a console even as an existing member and then type the code you obtained. The code you obtained from the Set up with the Xbox app screen is your TV code for your Xbox app. Very simple right? Yeah I know, you can try to check yours too.
On The Blog
How to Fine IR profile for Samsung TV firestick
The IR profile is an important part of the remote control because it contains all the commands necessary to operate the TV or other device. It is usually stored in an EEPROM chip on the remote control and it is very important that you know what your device’s IR profile is before you start using it.
To find IR profile for TV, you first go to Settings and then navigate to Equipment Control and click on the Manage Equipment option. Scroll to TV and tap on the Infrared Options, select Change IR Profile, and click on the “Find IR Profile” option to find your IR profile for TV.
To find a code on any device at all, type in the name of the device you wish to control after choosing a device, and then select a code set. After you must have chosen a code set, then you test run to confirm it is the correct code set for the device you have chosen.
How to find TV code Panasonic
To find your TV code on Panasonic, you first turn on your Panasonic TV, long-press on the TV, and SEL buttons simultaneously for a few seconds. You will see a button-lit indicator light, point the remote light to the TV, and type the TV’s access code immediately after that.
You then make your confirmation by tapping the volume + button which should turn the TV volume to the maximum. Do not forget to store the access code you were given, you will receive a double blink light notification indicating that the code has been stored.
One of the amazing facts about a Panasonic TV is that it can be controlled with help of a universal remote. Panasonic TV also works well with Comcast, Dish Network, Direct TV, RCA, GE or any other universal remote you could possibly think of right now
Why is My TV Not Responding to The Remote?
The remote might not be working because it is not aligned correctly with the TV. The remote and the TV might have lost sync or there might be a problem with the battery.
There are many reasons why your TV (LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Philips, etc.) might not respond to your remote. You can fix these problems by unplugging the TV for a few minutes and then plugging it back in, changing batteries, or aligning your remote correctly with your TV.
Below are some explanation to it
- The remote may not be properly synced with the TV. Try re-pairing the remote with the TV by pressing the “Pairing” button on the TV and then holding down the “OK” button on the remote until the remote is paired.
- There may be interference from other electronic devices that is disrupting the IR signals from the remote. Try moving the TV and the remote away from other electronic devices or turning off those devices to see if that helps.
- The IR sensor on the TV may be blocked or damaged. Check to make sure that there is nothing blocking the IR sensor on the TV and that it is not damaged.
- The remote may not be compatible with your TV model. Make sure you are using the correct remote for your TV model.
- The TV may have a hardware issue. If none of the above solutions work, the TV may have a hardware issue that is preventing it from responding to the remote. In this case, you may need to have the TV serviced.
These are just a few among others, I have explained the most possible reasons in another article and how to fix it. You can read the article here about why your TV is not responding to the remote and how to fix it.
Universal Remote Code List
|BELL & HOWELL||0031 0049 0000 0001|
|BENQ||0081 0083 0101|
|BROKSONIC||0147 0135 0250 0257 0310 0394|
|CANDLE||0004 0009 0174 0008|
|CITIZEN||0004 0009 0053 0105 0109 0189 0135 0001 0008 0042 0058|
|CLASSIC||0214 0401 0042|
|COLORTYME||0004 0009 0010|
|CONTEC||0053 0012 0014 0042|
|CURTIS MATHES||0031 0105 0130 0004 0009 0000 0049 0109 0358 0001 0015|
|DAEWOO||0130 0004 0009 0100 0005 0138 0043 0140 0039 0252 0279 0444 0080 0042 0058 0017 0010 0126 0018 0127 0019|
|DELL||0209 0028 0132|
|DIAMOND VISION||0210 0948 0092|
Finding the IR profile for your TV is very simple, you just need to follow the instructions in this article. Always start by checking the manual and the TV settings menu, and if you are unable to find the information there, try contacting the manufacturer or using an IR profile detection tool.
By following these steps, you should be able to find the IR profile for your TV and enjoy the full range of features and functions offered by your TV. If you have questions or need more clarification on what Infrared code is please ask using the comments section.