To connect HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi can be done either by using a network of a router or an access point or directly to the computer which has an active data connection. Any of this these methods are pretty simple and straight forward and you will learn them in this article about connecting to wifi.
Steps to connect HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi
HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi is a very good printer equipped with a lot of functions and features that make our lives easy. Follow the quick steps below to get started…
- The first step is to power on the HP Deskjet 2542 printer.
- Get and install the appropriate printer driver if not installed already.
- Connect the computer to the wireless network you want to pair with.
- Click the Wireless button on your printer’s control panel and open the Wireless Settings menu.
- Now, select “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” followed by the Push Button option.
- Locate the WPS button on the router and press it when you receive a prompt from the printer.
- Open the Wireless Settings menu on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Wi-Fi Protected Setup and choose the PIN option.
- Note down the PIN displayed on your printer’s control panel and type it on the wireless router.
That is all i short if you have completed these steps then you must have successfully connected your HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi and is ready to print copies wirelessly. This method is just a basic and shortcut method for persons who already have the knowledge but are missing some steps if your printer is completely new the steps you need are below.
Process to Set up New HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi
This is a more detailed process from beginning to end if you have just bought a new printer and you are finding it hard to connect it to wifi or a wireless network. The process is quite simple and straightforward as well, in fact, you do not need any special tools as all you have to do is follow the settings on your HP Deskjet 2542 user manual.
- First things first, you have to unbox the printer and remove the leather covering.
- Keep the printer on a flat surface where it is safe.
- Plugin the power cable to the printer and then to a power source.
- Press the power button the switch on the printer.
- Wait for about 30 seconds for it to finish warming up.
- Install the most recent printer software that matches the printer on your computer.
- Allow the HP auto wireless to attempt connecting to your computer.
- A window will come up on your computer asking whether to send wireless settings to the printer or not.
- Click “YES” to send the wireless setting to the printer.
Now you have completed the steps to Connect HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi using the HP wireless auto connection. This process is applicable setting up your HP Deskjet 2542 printer.
HP Wireless Setup Using Wizard
However, there are other ways to archive HP Deskjet 2542 wireless setup for new printers also which includes using the HP Wireless Setup Wizard. This method is precise and easy as well.
- Power on the Printer and allow it to finish warming up
- Open the wireless network settings menu.
- Select the wireless setup wizard on the printer’s control panel.
- Take note of your Wifi network name and WEP or WPA passphrase.
- Now, open the control panel and choose wireless as the means of connection.
- Select your network’s name from the available networks on the screen.
- Enter the WEP/WAP key if prompted.
- The printer now detects the network and connects to it.
Tada!!! Congratulations you have just completed the wireless setup for your HP Deskjet 2542 if you follow the procedure and listed above. I guess it was easy, yes it should be.
If you happen to still have questions about how to connect HP Deskjet 2542 to WiFi please ask using the comment section and we will be glad to answer you to the best of our knowledge. If you find this article to be useful please don’t forget to share it using the share button below.